Sunday 4 January 2015

Happy New Year

Welcome to 2015 Quilters and Sewers.  It's time to get back in business and back to creating lovely things.  At Bredon Crafters we will be finding ways to re-cycle denim.

 I have made a bag with 5" squares of denim  and some other dyed fabric.  Any bag pattern will work as the front, back and sides are all squares joined together.  However about half a metre of lining is needed and some cord and buttons or beads for the pull fastener.  I padded mine with fusible fleece but any wadding will do.

Also you will see I made a mobile phone holster to keep the phone handy when not using a handbag.  This is simply a pocket cut from my daughter's old jeans and the shoulder straps are the outer seams of the legs - very little sewing involved but a good strong sewing machine needle is necessary.

 Thirdly I made a small apron using offcuts of denim and the other back pocket from the jeans. The pattern for this in medium and large sizes will be available, together with some spare denim fabric free to anyone who wants it.  Some cotton fabric will be needed as well, a metre will be more than enough.

Chrys has made a Teddy Bear and some jewellery - so there will be plenty of inspiration and something to think about. No worksheets circulated but instructions can be made available if wanted.

I have started on the Fabric Art Book by making a cover and the first 'signature' which is how the American book I have got describes a set of four pages.

  The Fabric Art Book for Quilting Arts will be the subject of another posting on this blog.  As mentioned I have made the cover and one set of pages.  Already I can see that the cloth books will be a wonderful medium for trying out different skills and techniques and I'm looking forward to practising a variety of embellishments and using up neglected bits and pieces that currently are just lying around.  Watch this space!




No comments:

Post a Comment