Tuesday 25 March 2014

Little House Variations

I am making some assumptions today.  I hope and assume our Quilting Arts Group will continue and I also assume that some members will want to go on to make the Scrap House Quilt.

The larger Scrap House Quilt is based around about nine little houses so it will make it more interesting to vary the houses as much as possible.  As well as different colours and patterns we can vary the landscape and gardens around the houses but also the shape of the houses themselves.

The smaller of the quilts made by Katherine Geurrier has three houses, but we, of course, can do just what we want in terms of size, shape and number of houses.

I have made a larger house, shown here, and updated the details and sizes which I will bring to our session on 6th April for anyone wanting to use them.  The roof is a bit too tall for my liking though, and I have to put some more foliage on the tree.  I used the door porch idea on this one as described on the DVD (please ask me if you want to borrow it again).





 On another one, not finished yet,  I have put in an extra window and made the wall sections slightly wider. 

I want to add embroidered or appliqued details to some of the ones I have made and hope to combine that with our Embroidery workshop at the next Bredon Crafters.

I have a very nice design for an appliqued tree which I will also bring to Quilting Arts on April 6th for you to use if you like.

You will have your own ideas how best you can change the shape and design after making two or three from the original pattern.  I suggest you start making some more houses and gardens if you have time so that you can come up with some of your own changes to the original design and make the quilt your own. 

This is my sewing companion Puzzle.  He is always very interested in what I am doing and wants to be 'where it's at!'





No comments:

Post a Comment