Monday 21 April 2014

More Embroidery Images

Hi Crafters:  sorry one of the embroidery images did not come out the other day.  I have edited and saved it for the web and will try again.  It was the raised cup stitch we tried last week shown in another embroidery book called The A~Z of Embroidery Stitches (a very useful guidance manual).

Well it looks OK to me this time so I hope it appears successfully at your end as well.

This week I have been concentrating on course work which for this module is all about trimmings.  So I used some of my try-outs to cover buttons and I thought you might like to try that for yourself.  There are a variety of buttons on the market from Hemline and Dritz and I found them quite easy to use.  We could do a craft session on trimmings if you like - just let me know.

 This is the raised cup stitch with French Knots in the centre.



Below is the Spider Web Stitch - method shown in the earlier blog (scroll down for that).









 Below again is the Woven Rose and you can see from the last image how it is prepared to cover the button.


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment